WHAT & HOW
Waxing is a non-permanent hair removal method that removes hair from the root using a soft wax or hard wax. A thin layer of wax is spread over the skin, and a cloth strip is pressed on top and ripped off in a quick action against the direction of hair growth. Using hard wax, the semi-harden strip of wax is ripped off in a swift motion against the direction of hair growth.
WHY WAX WITH MINISTRY OF WAXING?
WAXPERT TRAINING BOOTCAMP
All our Waxperts go through a strict boot camp consisting of 8 weeks of vigorous training before servicing their first customer.
EXCLUSIVE FORMULATED WAX
Our proprietary Ministry of Waxing Berry Chocolate Wax & Strawberry Virgin Wax was born from a customised wax formula targeted at reducing pain levels, and tackling sensitive areas to minimise discomfort.
THE IMPORTANT FACTORS FOR A GOOD WAX
Ministry of Waxing’s Hygiene factor guarantees a no ‘double-dipping’ policy with individually sealed and disposable hygiene packs used for each treatment. The Speed of our Waxperts displays their skill, precision and experience. The Quality of our customised wax and post-treatment care products will ensure that you get an excellent treatment without any skin inflammation and infections.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS A BRAZILIAN OR BOYZILIAN WAX?
A Brazilian Wax is the depilation of all hair from the pubic region, both front and back (including the vagina, perineum and anus).
A Boyzilian Wax is the male variant of Brazilian Wax. It involves the depilation of all hair from the pubic region, both front and back (including the scrotum, penis, perineum and anus).
HOW LONG DOES A BRAZILIAN OR BOYZILIAN WAX TAKE?
A Brazilian Wax takes approximately 30 minutes while a Boyzilian Wax takes around 45 minutes.
HOW OFTEN CAN I GET A WAX?
6mm is the ideal hair length for a wax. Most people will get a wax about 4 to 6 weeks after their last treatment.
CAN I GET A BRAZILIAN WAX IF I AM PREGNANT?
It is best to consult your gynaecologist before your treatment, but it is generally safe to have a Brazilian wax after your first trimester.
WHAT BODY AREAS CAN BE TREATED?
Almost any area of the body: leg, bikini line, back, underarms, arms and face.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH CONDITIONS THAT I NEED TO DISCLOSE WHEN MAKING AN APPOINTMENT?
Yes, please inform our Customer Relations Officers if you have any of the following conditions:
– Have consumed or applied Accutane, Roaccutane, Retin A, Vitamin B or AHA within the past 6 months
– Have your period
– Have sunburned, windburned, dry, chapped, irritated or broken skin or any open wounds on treatment area
– Have sores, warts, ulcers, moles, birthmarks or any tattoo on treatment area
– Had Radiation treatment (e.g.: UV Sun tanning), electrolysis or excess sunbathing within the past 6 months.
– Had excess sunbathing within the past week
– Had a surgical procedure in the past months
– Pregnant or breastfeeding
– Gave birth by natural delivery in the past 3 months, or had a caesarian delivery in the last 6 months
WHAT IS THE POST TREATMENT CARE?
For the next 24 hours:
– No hot baths
– No swimming or sunbathing
– No heat or UV treatments like sun beds or saunas
– No tight clothing
– No application of perfumed products including deodorant, antiperspirant, self-tanner or makeup on the treated area
– No scrubbing or rubbing of the treated area (unless you want a bacteria infection)
– No intensive exercise
Do apply Ingrown Hair Cream to prevent & treat ingrown hair, 24 hours after your wax, , once a day for 2 weeks
Do exfoliate every 4 – 7 days, 3 days after your wax